As a continuation of my last post “24 from 24”, I thought I’d turn the tables and look forward to the year ahead.
I love the idea of a blank slate. Whether it’s a new planner, a new school semester, or an unexplored city – there’s nothing better than starting fresh, with new opportunities and choices ahead.
So, here are 25 things that I’m looking forward to doing & learning in the coming year:
- More In-N-Out. Obvs. I mean, this is a pretty easy one to accomplish.
- Exploring my new city and state, finding my favorite places while still always wanting to try something new. This is still an ongoing goal. I accomplished this in part, but there’s still a long way to go. Lets add it to the 26 list.
- More coffee dates. Taking time to sit down and share stories and conversation over a piping hot [or ice cold] cup of coffee [or tea, I’ll allow that]. This is a never-ending goal.
- Keep travelling. There’s something beautiful about experiencing somewhere you’ve never been. I think I travelled less this year than I have in many moons. Having said that, I loved the travelling I did and found myself unexpectedly content with being in one place most of the time.
- Pick up the phone and dial. I’m done wishing I made more time to talk to my people. Probably didn’t do so great on this one.
- Buy more expensive makeup. You’ve held out for 25 years. It’s time. This one, however, I crushed.
- Bike that extra mile or 3 at the gym. The extra few minutes will be worth it. Does doing this for half of the year count? :|
- Visit the PNW. Because I’m 25 and that hasn’t happened yet. I’m doing it wrong. Moving this to the 26 list.
- More whiskey. More beer. More champagne. Definitely accomplished the champagne goal.
- Launch one of the biggest, most exciting projects I’ve ever been apart of. Stay tuned. 2016 was crazier than expected, so stay tuned for this in 2017.
- Allow myself to take time for creativity. DIY therapy is the best therapy. I did this for a while and am trying to get back into this now. Working on it.
- Try every single flavor of La Croix. I made a good dent.
- Take pictures with my camera more consistently. This has been an ongoing goal for too many years. Failed this one. Hardcore.
- Try at least one new recipe a week. My Pinterest board has been neglected when it comes to applying the copious things I continue to “save for later”. I basically ate the same thing for every meal.
- Put down the phone more. People are more important. Trying. Trying. Trying.
- Learn to really, truly rest. Still on this learning curve.
- Get another tattoo. Because once you get one you just can’t stop. I wish.
- Finally watch Parks and Rec. I’ve failed up to this point. It’s not okay. And I failed yet again.
- Find a church community that I can invest in. Oh, how I’ve missed that. So thankful that this was accomplished. Even if it wasn’t in the way I expected.
- Attempt to learn how to surf. I might break a neck, but I want to say I’ve tried. This water is just so dang cold.
- Apply #20 to snowboarding and long-boarding also. This is a goal again this year.
- Listen to more new music each week. Always. More. Music.
- Use my planner for more than the first two months of the year. CRUSHED THS ONE!
- Finish my degree. Finally. Praise Him. It is finished.
- Live fearlessly – trusting fully in our Creator. Still my goal each and everyday – even when I fail at it.
So here’s to 25. Here’s to expectantly waiting for big adventures and answers to bold prayers.
Photo by @graceandsalt.