To continue, here is the flip side – 27 things I’m looking forward to and/or am aiming for in the coming year. Here’s a recap:
We’re on to year three of yearly lessons and goals. It’s been a fun practice to reflect on the past year and look forward with anticipation at the coming months.
For those tuning in for the first time, for the last two years I’ve made a list (as long as my age) with simple goals, lessons, facts, and other randomness that I have experienced and am looking forward to. It ranges from serious to ridiculous, while covering everything in between.
Here’s to 2018 and a year of 27:
- Continue rooting myself in my community and my reliance on Him. Each and every year.
- PISTOL SQUATS. I will be doing them by June. #goals
- Trying more local restaurants. I’m a creature of habit and need to step out of the box.
- Travel: Northern California, PNW, Utah, Nashville, North Carolina, Texas…the list goes on.
- Is it redundant to mention coffee yet again?
- Be more consistent with daily habits/routines. I often let life get in the way of things that are truly important.
- Go to more sports games. Hockey, football, baseball – all of it.
- Complain less. There’s so much beauty within the hard and mundane.
- Send more snail mail.
- Be more intentional. With words, with actions, with relationships.
- Whole30 – at least two rounds. AT LEAST. Round one starts Monday. Bless.
- Cook more. Meal prep more. Use that InstantPot. #gamechanger
- Somehow I’m not even halfway through this list.
- Serve. Serve often. Serve willinging. Serve others. Serve.
- Make fewer excuses. About everything.
- Find new and challenging workouts. It helps with motivation.
- Start playing a sport again. I miss that.
- Watch less TV. Read more.
- Gather more books. I’m okay with owning a full library.
- Go skating more often. You brought those skates all way the way from Canada – USE THEM.
- Listen to more podcasts.
- Watch new movies (I know, I said to read more. Whatever). Stop watching the same ones over and over again (or at least throw in a new one here and there).
- Go to the beach more. Swim in the ocean more often. It’s good for you.
- Use your planner. ALL year.
- Slow down. Notice the little things. Find something to be thankful for in every circumstance.
- Is it too much to list coffee twice? Yes? Oops.
- Dream big. Work hard. Kick 2018 in the teeth.