To continue with the tradition after “25 from 25“, I give you 26 things I want to do, experience, or focus on in the year to come. Who even knows what will is to come in the next 365 days, but it is sure to be an unpredictable journey. Here’s to the next year of continued traditions and new experiences.
- Travel more. There’s so much of this country and world that I’ve yet to see.
- Also, let’s start with the PNW, cause that place looks like the dream.
- Buy more coffee brewing equipment. I will get that Chemex this year.
- Be more intentional with friendships and connecting with friends who live hundreds of miles away. I think this will be on my list every year.
- I would say drink more coffee, but I’m not sure that’s even possible at this point.
- I’m going to attempt the surfing and snowboarding goals again this coming year, because I didn’t do so well at those last year…
- Continue to explore this city I find myself living in. There are still many unknown and undiscovered areas to find.
- You know that big exciting project I was excited for in 2016, let’s move that to the 2017 list.
- Also, about taking more pictures…let’s add “get a new lens for my camera so I’m excited to take pictures again” to this list.
- Cook more. Gather more people around the table and cook for them and with them. That’s when my heart comes most alive.
- Start playing a sport again. I miss the teamwork and comradery that comes with that.
- Try more local restaurants. This place has some of the best around and I’ve been to embarrassingly few of them.
- Visit Australia. This will be the year. IT HAS TO BE.
- Continue to read often. I want to keep up this habit I’ve picked up over the last year.
- Go to Stone Brewery more. Because pretzels and brussel sprouts.
- Also, learn more low carb options of all the carb filled foods. Because that kind of feels like Christmas to the two T1Ds in the house.
- Make it to Fresno more often. How am I so close, yet so far?
- Play games more often. The sound of laughter in the midst of competitiveness is the best thing.
- Stop overthinking things. And by that I mean try to overthink things less. And by that I mean just start chiseling away at that monumental task.
- Explore the options when it comes to grad school. Who knows where that may lead…
- Work on hand-letting and graphic design more. I need to spend more time learning what I enjoy.
- See snow for more than 12 hours at a time. My soul comes alive in the snow.
- Invest more money in quality items and less money on things that aren’t sustainable or needed.
- See more of California.
- Focus more on my writing. I haven’t done nearly enough of that in the last 12 months.
- Enjoy 2017. There’s beauty and pain and redemption everywhere I look. See it, notice it, remember it. The pain makes the redemption that much more beautiful.
So as 2017 comes to be, as new resolutions and goals are set, let us remember that each day is fresh and new – as are His mercies. Treat each day as such, as a blank slate with the beautiful opportunity ahead of us to make Him GREATER.
Photo by Christina Jean Photography.